ED can occur due to problems at any stage of the erection process. An erection is the result of increased blood flow to the p*nis. Blood flow is usually stimulated by sexual thoughts or direct contact with the penis.
When a man is sexually aroused, the muscles in the penis relax. This allows for increased blood flow through the penile arteries by filling the two chambers within the penis. When the chambers fill with blood, the penis becomes stiff.
The erection ends when the muscles contract and the accumulated blood can flow through the veins of the p*nis.
Causes of Erectile dysfunction
There are many possible causes of ED, and they can include both emotional and physical conditions.General causes include:
· Cardiovascular diseases
· Hypertension or high blood pressure
· High cholesterol
· Low testosterone levels or imbalances in other hormones
· Kidney disease
· Elderly age
· Relationship problems
· Certain prescription drugs, such as those used with a prescription, such as those used to give medications
· sleep disturbances
· drug use
· drinking too much alcohol
· use of tobacco products
· injury to the pelvic area as a result of injury or surgery
· Peyronie's disease, which causes scar tissue to form on the penis.
· ED can be caused by just one or more of these factors. This is why it is so important to work with your doctor so that he can rule out or heal any foundations. see more about the causes of ED.
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction
You may have ED if you regularly:
· Problems with erection
· Difficulty maintaining an erection during sexual activity
· Decreased interest in sex
Other sexual disorders associated with ED include:
· premature ejaculation
· delayed ejaculation
· anorgasmia or inability to reach orgasm after strong stimulation
Talk to your doctor if you have any of these symptoms, especially if they last 3 months or more. They can help determine if the symptoms are caused by an underlying medical condition that requires treatment.
Treatment of Erectile dysfunction
Treatment for ED will depend on the underlying cause. You may need to use a combination of treatments, including medication or talking.
Your doctor may prescribe medications to help you manage your ED symptoms. You may need to try several medications before finding one that works. The following oral medications stimulate blood flow to the penis to treat ED: