Firewall is a must have application that saves the system from various threats like malware, viruses, and unwanted programs. In these situations, the firewall blocks the internet access required to run QuickBooks point of sale and the company file. This issue is often encountered by the users while using QuickBooks point of sale in a multi-user environment. The user might have to update the firewall to the latest release, or manually configure the firewall.
The process to set up and configure firewall and security settings for QuickBooks are illustrated below. Kindly have a look at the procedures carefully. Whereas, you can also reach out to our accounting professionals for further technical assistance.
Important points to consider
The user can take into consideration, the following pointers to get a better insight before performing the steps:
· The user should have the authority on Windows admin rights to perform
· And ensure to add the required firewall ports and executable files for the point of sale utility
· Moreover, it is suggested to contact the developer of the third party program to know the process to add port and file extensions
Manual Steps to configure firewall and security settings for QuickBooks
Below are the steps that can be followed in order to configure the firewall and security settings in QuickBooks. Let us check out the steps one by one:
· The first step is to press Windows + R keys, the run command will open
· And then, type in control panel and hit OK tab
· The control panel will then appear
· Set the view by to small icons, on the right upper corner of the display
· And, select the windows firewall
· Also, choose the advanced settings
· And select the inbound option there
· Click on the new rule
· Select the port and hit next
· Also, type the numbers of the ports and hit next
· Followed by selecting allow connection and choose the next tab
· The last step is to give a certain name to the firewall rule and then press finish tab
Setting up firewall and security settings for QuickBooks becomes easy, once the above stated steps are implemented in a proper manner. However, for any sort of assistance, you can dial our QuickBooks enterprise customer support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and speak to our team of professionals directly.